David Benoit will provide as the new President and Chief Executive Officer of Develop Nova Scotia, a single of two new Crown firms proven to push economic advancement throughout the province.
Mr. Benoit, at present the Senior Govt Director for Strategic Investment and Infrastructure Preparing with the Division of Health and fitness and Wellness, was the successful applicant in a nationwide opposition for the place. He joined the Province in April 2020 subsequent a 30-calendar year job with the Canadian Armed Forces as an engineering officer in the Royal Canadian Navy.
Premier Tim Houston produced the announcement now, January 16.
“Mr. Benoit’s working experience with arranging and setting up infrastructure across the province and his management in part scheduling for the key healthcare redevelopments will serve him properly in this new place,” claimed Premier Houston. “I thank outgoing interim CEO Wayne Crawley for his perform all through the changeover.”
Mr. Benoit will commence in his new position Monday, January 23.
Leading Houston also announced appointments to fill senior leadership roles in the general public company.
Elwin LeRoux will be the new Deputy Minister of Instruction and Early Childhood Development. He has served as the associate deputy minister since September just after main the province’s premier regional centre for schooling and has many years of encounter as a instructor, principal and administrator. Sara Halliday, senior executive director at the Office, techniques into the associate deputy minister position.
Leading Houston thanked Rosalind Penfound, a previous provincial deputy minister who returned to federal government to provide as interim deputy minister previous September.
Dana MacKenzie will support characterize Nova Scotia’s interests with other governments as the new Deputy Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs. Ms. MacKenzie had been the affiliate deputy minister at the Division of Justice given that December 2021.
Two government directors with the Office of Justice have been appointed as new associate deputy ministers: Michelle Higgins, currently Govt Director of Authorized Solutions, and Chris Collett, Government Director of Correctional Expert services.
“Since forming govt 17 months back, it has grow to be crystal clear to me there are many talented and passionate individuals who do the job within just Nova Scotia’s general public company,” said Leading Houston. “I know that these focused and experienced men and women will enable progress our priorities and serve Nova Scotians extremely nicely.”
- Mr. Benoit’s final publish with the navy was senior naval engineering officer on the East Coast and commanding officer of the fleet maintenance facility
- the appointments of Ms. MacKenzie, Ms. Higgins and Mr. Collett are effective currently
- the appointments of Mr. LeRoux and Ms. Halliday are helpful January 23
- Develop Nova Scotia manages and develops strategic provincial infrastructure to propel the province and economic climate ahead, leading projects such as Nova Scotia’s higher-pace world-wide-web initiative, environmental remediation get the job done and health care infrastructure redevelopment
- the recruitment for a CEO for Spend Nova Scotia is ongoing